Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Replies: 529 (Who?), Viewed: 177103 times.
Page 22 of 22
Test Subject
#526 Old 13th May 2018 at 2:35 AM Last edited by xxsimsforeverxx : 18th May 2018 at 4:38 AM.
Just a quick update. I don't know if anyone is still doing this challenge, but since my Sim is a single mom, I thought I'd explain an issue with "baby daddies." I'm sure it's probably the same way with mothers. Anyway, the child's father will show up unannounced and won't leave. He came over 24 hours ago in Sim time and stayed overnight and even slept in my Sim's bed (WTF)! What I did was choose my Sim and tell her to "Ask to just be friends." It worked and now I could tell him goodbye. I think that's slightly annoying, though. The whole point of being a single parent in the game is to not have the other parent come over when they damn well please. This also works in case you don't want to kill them or lock your front door (which I didn't want to do).

EDIT (5/12/18): So that didn't work. I was just reading that it's a bug that has to do with toddlers being able to ask a certain parent to be a caregiver. I think this came with the Parenthood pack, so if you don't have it, it probably won't be a problem. I was reading that it doesn't happen with children. I will just wait for Collin to age up and see what happens. I will post another update then.

EDIT (5/12/18): Collin aged up and the father isn't coming around anymore, so that's what it was. Also, Morgan had her second child and it was a boy named Curtis. Just 3 more! Yay!

EDIT (5/13/18): Morgan just gave birth to her third child, a girl, named Lilliana.

EDIT (5/16/18): Morgan just had her fourth child, a boy, named Austin. Collin is a teenager and he's pretty responsible, but disgusting. Lol. Curtis is a child with 5 days before he becomes a teen. He's an angel, really. Likes to clean up around the house and do his homework. Lilliana is a child with 9 days left of the child stage. Just one more baby to go! And this is hard! With Collin being a slob, the shower leaks every time he takes one, and the kids or the mother are constantly cleaning up after him. Plus, having this many Sims in the household, with ONE bathroom, everything freaking breaks!

EDIT (5/17/18): Morgan had her fifth and final child, a boy, named Andrew. Collin is 2 days from becoming a young adult, Curtis is aging up to a teen today, Lilliana has 4 days until she’s a teen, and Austin is a toddler. I think he has 4 or 5 days before he ages up. Also, I haven’t killed anyone yet.
Lab Assistant
#527 Old 18th May 2018 at 3:53 AM
I started a new random legacy.

https://kellerrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/
Test Subject
#528 Old 18th May 2018 at 4:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melanch0lydreams
I started a new random legacy.

https://kellerrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/

I hope you keep up with this! It’s really good so far.
Test Subject
#529 Old Yesterday at 5:51 PM
Last night, I finished the goals of Generation 1. I can't tell you how hard it was to kill Sims. I was trying to kill townies, and I think some of them end up with a weird hidden trait to prevent them from dying. Took me a long time. I ended up moving one of the Sims I was trying to kill in a house next door. Then I invited her back over and drowned her. Also, I set fire to the basement on accident (using a firework) and killed my two youngest children. The older one, Austin, I was able to plead with the Grim Reaper to bring him back, but the youngest, Andrew, didn't make it. Sad times. Also, Morgan managed to become enemies with Don Lothario and he was over there when that happened, so he died too. It's funny how long it took me to do this, and I ended up killing them all at exactly the same time. I also moved Curtis out into an apartment after he aged up because that was his aspiration.

Now I'm starting Generation 2. Collin is already halfway through the young adult stage and I haven't found him a partner yet. Blame the Haunted House goal in Generation 1. And he has to kill 3 Sims as well in his generation. Fun. I think I will just allow Morgan to die peacefully in the house she started her legacy. She's about halfway through the adult stage now. Lilliana will age up to a young adult in a few days and I have to figure out what I will do with her. She seems like she would turn to a life of crime. Austin will age up into a teenager in a couple days as well.
Test Subject
#530 Old Today at 1:39 PM
Last night, Lilliana aged up into a young adult and I moved her into the Goth's house. I forgot to get her a job. I actually forgot to do that with Curtis as well. I was able to find Collin a partner. Can't remember her name. I will check later. She's a bit older so it's going to be harder for her to get pregnant. They've already tried once, but no luck. We'll see I guess. Austin is now a teenager. He's the only one in the house that doesn't really have any negative traits. He is a loner, but I don't consider that a bad thing. I'll update when Collin's girlfriend gets pregnant. I'm not going to have them get married, as it wouldn't make much sense. Collin is noncommittal like his mother. I will probably make him have an affair later on.
Page 22 of 22